Fraud & Scam Safety
Protect yourself Against Internet Fraud: The vast majority of ads are posted by honest people and trust. So you can do excellent business with us. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules following to prevent any attempt to scam.
Tips For a Safe Deals:
|Never give/send money in advance|
|Meet property owner/agent/agency in public place or at their office only, Do not meet in any suspicious place.|
|Visit property and only after full satisfaction pay directly to property owner. Also keep proof of payment for future use.|
|While going to make payment do not go alone, its better to go with somebody in your family, or any other whom you trust.|
|Report suspicious users to us on [email protected]|
- Doing business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Western Union, MoneyGram or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept checks.
- Ask about the person you’re dealing with another confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case refrain.
How to Recognize a Scam ?
The majority of scams have one or more of these types:
- Caller claimed calling from bank by offering you reward point redemption, special reward points offers, gift vouchers, holiday coupons, lotteries and they will try to get your ATM/Debit or Credit card details (Card number/Expiry Date/CVV number/OTP/Card PIN/Internet banking password).
- The person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made through Western Union, Money Gram or check
- Person ask to pay as a custom duty at airport or any place.
- The messages are in broken language (English or French or any other)
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.
Online Fraud Safety Tips:
|Prevent Fraud! Never share confidential information such as your ATM/Debit or Credit Card number/Expiry Date/CVV number/OTP/Card PIN/Internet banking password with anyone even if they offers Lucrative Deals, redeem Reward Points, Gifts, Vouchers, etc. NEVER share such information over unsolicited Calls, SMS, Email, Links or IVR, even if claiming to be from Bank or MagicJamin.com. Bank or magicjamin.com or its employees NEVER call or email you requesting for your these confidential information. Such cases should be immediately reported to your bank.|
|Please pay complete attention to the SMS alerts like transaction alerts, OTP sent by the Bank & in case of any discrepancy, immediately report the same to the Bank.|
|Beware of fraudulent calls, SMS and Emails/links offering promising deals, converting Reward Points into Cash, Card Activation, holiday packages, Reward points redemption, special reward points offers, gift vouchers, holiday coupons, lotteries, etc. to get your card confidential information, password or OTP.|
|Please check for https:// when you access your account details through Internet Banking or on any online website where you use your card. (example: https://magicjamin.com)|
|Do not hand over your ATM/Debit or Credit Card to anyone and ensure that the card is used in your presence. Remember you will not get any OTP for international transaction hence card can be used without any OTP or Password. Always set limit for various expenses like online, POS, ATM withdrawal etc in your app.|
|Memorize your PIN/Passwords and destroy the mailers. Change them at regular intervals.|
|Do not click links in text messages or attachments images or any file in emailers communication received from unknown/unverified sources seeking your personal or any Card details.|
|Never reply to emails or SMS that seek personal information. Do not share sensitive financial information on Social Media.|
|Enable/Disable international usage based on your need. The same can be done through Net Banking or by calling bank Customer Care number.|
|Please review your Credit Card and Bank statements regularly, and in case of any discrepancy, immediately report the same to the Bank.|
|Please ensure that your latest contact information is updated with the Bank.|
|Avoid using public FREE WiFi networks. Install security software from a reputable provider in case use public WiFi.|
|Only install apps from trusted sources such as the Google play Store & App Store. Remember to disable the installation of apps from “untrusted sources in your phone”|
|Bank or MagicJamin.com never call and ask you to provide OTP number for Card activation, limit enhancement or for providing any voucher or Reward redemption. If you get such a call, it is a fraudulent call. Please report to our customer services.|